TimeTechTalk.com Home

TimeTechTalk.com > Time Tech Talk > New Arrivals > SEIKO Darth Tuna - unique tool -

Welcome to 3T! Please take the time to register and join in on the friendly,knowledgeable watch talk.Please note that not all registrations will receive an immediate activation e-mail.Those who do not receive an immediate notification will be activated manually within 48hrs. by an admin. without an e-mail activation url sent to you,you may then sign in using your username and password,if you feel there is a problem please e-mail us at timetechtalk@hotmail.com and include your name and username and we activate your account.Thank You!

 Moderated by: 3T Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
SEIKO Darth Tuna - unique tool -  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Aug 19th, 2016 04:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
exc-hulk
Moderator


Joined: Sat May 30th, 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 5808
Status: 
Offline
Today I got my new DARTH Tuna !

So a tiny review with a few pics.


The first one had a few issues (misaligned chapter ring, skew & loose date wheel, inaccurate lume). So the watch goes straight back to the shop.

Today was the second attempt.

Now the watch is perfect.


I am really happy to catch one of the last ones of the old TUINA line up.

Love the big & bold hands. Looks more toolish than the new version.

And I prefer the older dial layout.

The SEIKO Tuna stands allone in the big watch world. Unique design & technology.


A real tool !










Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Aug 20th, 2016 03:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
OldeCrow
3T WIS


Joined: Sun Feb 26th, 2006
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 2894
Status: 
Offline
Great watch Phil! Can't go wrong adding another Tuna to the collection!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Aug 21st, 2016 07:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
bigrustypig
3T WIS


Joined: Sat Apr 11th, 2009
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 7506
Status: 
Offline
exc-hulk wrote:
Today I got my new DARTH Tuna !

So a tiny review with a few pics.




The first one had a few issues (misaligned chapter ring, skew & loose date wheel, inaccurate lume). So the watch goes straight back to the shop.

Today was the second attempt.

Now the watch is perfect.


I am really happy to catch one of the last ones of the old TUINA line up.

Love the big & bold hands. Looks more toolish than the new version.

And I prefer the older dial layout.

The SEIKO Tuna stands allone in the big watch world. Unique design & technology.


A real tool !












Cool! That would look good with black mesh or even with Isofranes!thumbsup.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Aug 21st, 2016 09:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
stew77
Admin


Joined: Thu Mar 26th, 2009
Location: Colorado USA
Posts: 8942
Status: 
Online
Awesome Phil!!! Love the Darth Tuna, and so glad to hear that they came up with a sample for you that is up to the excellent build quality that Seiko is known for!!! thumbsup.gif

I'm with you...I absolutely prefer this older version that you got to the new design. bravo.gif

Thanks for posting up you awesome pics as usual...and enjoy this awesome new Darth Tool! happy guy.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 24th, 2016 12:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Gregger
3T WIS


Joined: Fri Sep 9th, 2005
Location: Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 4450
Status: 
Offline
Congrats on the new one. Thumbsup3.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 24th, 2016 10:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
exc-hulk
Moderator


Joined: Sat May 30th, 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 5808
Status: 
Offline
OldeCrow wrote: Great watch Phil! Can't go wrong adding another Tuna to the collection!
Thanks Chris !

Absolutely, a TUNA is always a good decision.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 24th, 2016 10:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
exc-hulk
Moderator


Joined: Sat May 30th, 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 5808
Status: 
Offline
bigrustypig wrote: exc-hulk wrote:
Today I got my new DARTH Tuna !

So a tiny review with a few pics.




The first one had a few issues (misaligned chapter ring, skew & loose date wheel, inaccurate lume). So the watch goes straight back to the shop.

Today was the second attempt.

Now the watch is perfect.


I am really happy to catch one of the last ones of the old TUINA line up.

Love the big & bold hands. Looks more toolish than the new version.

And I prefer the older dial layout.

The SEIKO Tuna stands allone in the big watch world. Unique design & technology.


A real tool !







Cool! That would look good with black mesh or even with Isofranes!thumbsup.gif


Thanks Jeff !

A Isofrane is cool.
And I like the OEM rubber on that thing.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 24th, 2016 10:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
exc-hulk
Moderator


Joined: Sat May 30th, 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 5808
Status: 
Offline
stew77 wrote: Awesome Phil!!! Love the Darth Tuna, and so glad to hear that they came up with a sample for you that is up to the excellent build quality that Seiko is known for!!! thumbsup.gif

I'm with you...I absolutely prefer this older version that you got to the new design. bravo.gif

Thanks for posting up you awesome pics as usual...and enjoy this awesome new Darth Tool! happy guy.gif


Thank you my friend !

Now I hunt for the Emperor.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 24th, 2016 10:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
exc-hulk
Moderator


Joined: Sat May 30th, 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 5808
Status: 
Offline
Gregger wrote: Congrats on the new one. Thumbsup3.gif
thankyou.gif Greg !

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 24th, 2016 10:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
exc-hulk
Moderator


Joined: Sat May 30th, 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 5808
Status: 
Offline
A few more shots with the Prospex Kinetic GMT for comparison !






Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Aug 25th, 2016 12:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
watchdaddy1
3T WIS


Joined: Fri Apr 16th, 2010
Location: Surprise, Arizona USA
Posts: 3548
Status: 
Offline
Just pure AWESOMNESS my friend as I've said 1000 times you are "THE' Dive Watch Kingmini me.gif

CONGRATS Phil

Last edited on Thu Aug 25th, 2016 12:08 am by watchdaddy1

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Aug 29th, 2016 03:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
exc-hulk
Moderator


Joined: Sat May 30th, 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 5808
Status: 
Offline
thankyou.gif Will for your kind words !


Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 04:38 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
TimeTechTalk.com > Time Tech Talk > New Arrivals > SEIKO Darth Tuna - unique tool - Top



Lead Theme By: Di @ UltraBB
UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2012 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1802 seconds (16% database + 84% PHP). 32 queries executed.