TimeTechTalk.com Home


Welcome to 3T! Please take the time to register and join in on the friendly,knowledgeable watch talk.Please note that not all registrations will receive an immediate activation e-mail.Those who do not receive an immediate notification will be activated manually within 48hrs. by an admin. without an e-mail activation url sent to you,you may then sign in using your username and password,if you feel there is a problem please e-mail us at timetechtalk@hotmail.com and include your name and username and we activate your account.Thank You!

 Moderated by: 3T Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Lambic Beers  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Mar 30th, 2008 03:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
scottran
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Jan 24th, 2008
Location: Southwestern Pa, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 2222
Status: 
Offline
Wife and I were out for dinner at a local tavern that carries all kind of microbrews.  I like lambics such as Sam Adams cranberry lambic.  Tonight I tried a Belgium Framboise Lambic beer.  Its made by Lindemans and imported by Merchant Du Vin Corp. out of Tukwila Wa.  Their site is  merchantduvin.com.  Its a raspberry beer.  I had seafood and it went well with the dish.  Very flavorful and awesome aroma.  I took home six  more bottles.  They come in a 12 oz corked bottle and I paid $8 each.  I believe the alcohol content is a little higher than regular beer as I was feeling it a little.  If you  want to try something new you wont go wrong with this.  hand6.gifhand6.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Mar 30th, 2008 04:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Skipdawg
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Mar 29th, 2007
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 14946
Status: 
Offline
Oh yea very good beers. One thing i did in the Navy was try as many different Ale's and beer's as I could from every country we hit. I lost count after passing the 250 mark. LOL :D

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Mar 30th, 2008 04:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
scottran
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Jan 24th, 2008
Location: Southwestern Pa, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 2222
Status: 
Offline
Skipdawg wrote: Oh yea very good beers. One thing i did in the Navy was try as many different Ale's and beer's as I could from every country we hit. I lost count after passing the 250 mark. LOL :D
Very cool Skip!  I just recently decided to try as many microbrews as I could.  I bought the Sam Adams brewmaster winter asst and enjoyed it greatly.  I need to get the summer one now.  Also need to try as many of the other brands as well. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Mar 30th, 2008 06:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
murphy j
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Oct 11th, 2007
Location: Home Again With My Loving Family
Posts: 1613
Status: 
Offline
First, I've never heard the term 'Lambic', please explain what that is. Second, we have this wonderful place in Tulsa, that has over a 150 different beers on tap. That doesn't include what they have in bottles. Wonderful place for food, music and Drink!:D

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Mar 30th, 2008 06:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Skipdawg
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Mar 29th, 2007
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 14946
Status: 
Offline
murphy j wrote: First, I've never heard the term 'Lambic', please explain what that is. Second, we have this wonderful place in Tulsa, that has over a 150 different beers on tap. That doesn't include what they have in bottles. Wonderful place for food, music and Drink!:D

Here ya go ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambic

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Mar 30th, 2008 07:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
murphy j
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Oct 11th, 2007
Location: Home Again With My Loving Family
Posts: 1613
Status: 
Offline
Skipdawg wrote: murphy j wrote: First, I've never heard the term 'Lambic', please explain what that is. Second, we have this wonderful place in Tulsa, that has over a 150 different beers on tap. That doesn't include what they have in bottles. Wonderful place for food, music and Drink!:D

Here ya go ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambic

Got it. Thanks.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Mar 31st, 2008 01:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
scottran
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Jan 24th, 2008
Location: Southwestern Pa, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 2222
Status: 
Offline
Hey Murphy,  I had the raspberry.  It was from Lindemans.  There is a link on the wikipedia link that Skip posted aboout them.  It was not sour or bitter at all.  It also has just enough bite and kick to it.

Last edited on Mon Mar 31st, 2008 01:45 am by scottran

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Mar 31st, 2008 02:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
murphy j
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Oct 11th, 2007
Location: Home Again With My Loving Family
Posts: 1613
Status: 
Offline
I'm a BIG fan of a good Pilsner, so a little bitterness doesn't bother me:). I guess I'll have to try this Lambic beer when I get home.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Apr 2nd, 2008 03:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
slinky469
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Nov 15th, 2007
Location: San Diego, California USA
Posts: 590
Status: 
Offline
Scott, Have you tried the Sam Adams white ale yet it is awesome.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Apr 2nd, 2008 03:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
scottran
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Jan 24th, 2008
Location: Southwestern Pa, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 2222
Status: 
Offline
slinky469 wrote: Scott, Have you tried the Sam Adams white ale yet it is awesome.
Not yet, I have tried the Boston Lager(very good), Cranberry Lambic(also good), Winter Lager(good),  Cream Stout, Holiday Porter, Ole' Fezziwhig.  The last 3 being dark beers on the bitter side but all good.  I will make it a point to try the white ale. yourock.gif Thanks, Scott 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 3rd, 2008 12:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
romano
3T WIS


Joined: Sat Dec 1st, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 301
Status: 
Offline
If you like Belgian lambics you should try some of the Trappists beers like Chimay Cinq Cents.  Over 9 percent alcohol in a 750 ml bottle. First time I drank one was at a small hotel in France didn't know what I was drinking but man was it good.

There is a Belgian style brewery in Cooperstown NY whose name escapes me at the moment but they make some killer beers

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 3rd, 2008 02:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
scottran
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Jan 24th, 2008
Location: Southwestern Pa, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 2222
Status: 
Offline
romano wrote: If you like Belgian lambics you should try some of the Trappists beers like Chimay Cinq Cents.  Over 9 percent alcohol in a 750 ml bottle. First time I drank one was at a small hotel in France didn't know what I was drinking but man was it good.

There is a Belgian style brewery in Cooperstown NY whose name escapes me at the moment but they make some killer beers
Thanks romano,  I will be sure to try to find it.  yourock.gif  With 9% alcohol I will be sure to try it if I am not driving anywhere.subtlelaugh.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 10:28 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
TimeTechTalk.com > Time Tech Talk > OT > 3T Favorite Recipes > Lambic Beers Top



Lead Theme By: Di @ UltraBB
UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2012 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1848 seconds (19% database + 81% PHP). 32 queries executed.