TimeTechTalk.com Home

TimeTechTalk.com > Time Tech Talk > Time Talk > Watch News and Reviews > Review on Prometheus Ocean Diver Chronograph

Welcome to 3T! Please take the time to register and join in on the friendly,knowledgeable watch talk.Please note that not all registrations will receive an immediate activation e-mail.Those who do not receive an immediate notification will be activated manually within 48hrs. by an admin. without an e-mail activation url sent to you,you may then sign in using your username and password,if you feel there is a problem please e-mail us at timetechtalk@hotmail.com and include your name and username and we activate your account.Thank You!

 Moderated by: 3T Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Review on Prometheus Ocean Diver Chronograph  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon May 16th, 2011 04:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
Newton
3T WIS


Joined: Sun Dec 13th, 2009
Location: Rochester, Minnesota USA
Posts: 163
Status: 
Offline
FYI I did some snooping around this morning.  Asked some service questions to a Prometheus AD.  Apparently there is a Prometheus Authorized US service center.  This I did not know.

Of course its of little use if your in Norway.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon May 16th, 2011 04:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
FnuSnu99
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Jan 20th, 2011
Location: Land Of The Norsemen
Posts: 720
Status: 
Offline
Jupp, William told me to cut my losses right away and send it back to the AD, but like he said, I would loose quite a bit on that, since we have a nice 25% VAT here in Norway, and import tax on top of that, and then registered shipping via UPS to Asia. And also I actually still like the watch, and hope I can get the issues solved locally. If not, I guess I will just have to live with it as is. The dust is easy though, and probably the lume also. So, I´m happy with my decision to keep the watch, although with a kinda sour taste in the mouth ... 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon May 16th, 2011 06:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
Johnny P
Advisor


Joined: Thu Nov 3rd, 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 1784
Status: 
Offline
FnuSnu99 wrote:
Jupp, William told me to cut my losses right away and send it back to the AD, but like he said, I would loose quite a bit on that, since we have a nice 25% VAT here in Norway, and import tax on top of that, and then registered shipping via UPS to Asia. And also I actually still like the watch, and hope I can get the issues solved locally. If not, I guess I will just have to live with it as is. The dust is easy though, and probably the lume also. So, I´m happy with my decision to keep the watch, although with a kinda sour taste in the mouth ... 



If you decided to live with it or rectified the issues yourself locally it's no longer an issue. jmo I can understand the sour taste in your mouth, been there also with another company.

Now I'm speaking in general if anybody has a problem with a watch manufacture please e-mail or PM them first, gave them the courtesy to resolve the situation 99% of the time they do.... I have had issues with some watches and they had been repair under warranty you never heard a word from me.

I had an issue a few years ago with one brand I PMed, and sent them e-mail also, I gave them the courtesy first, but the replies were pure BS, they thought it was funny it wasn't funny when I posted there reply on the net. The situation was resolve a few months later, and I used to own five of there watches it left a sour taste, I no longer own that brand and will not purchase another watch from them ever again
dance.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon May 16th, 2011 07:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
Hammerfjord
Moderator


Joined: Thu Apr 16th, 2009
Location: Arctic, Norway
Posts: 5809
Status: 
Offline
Johnny P wrote:
FnuSnu99 wrote:
Jupp, William told me to cut my losses right away and send it back to the AD, but like he said, I would loose quite a bit on that, since we have a nice 25% VAT here in Norway, and import tax on top of that, and then registered shipping via UPS to Asia. And also I actually still like the watch, and hope I can get the issues solved locally. If not, I guess I will just have to live with it as is. The dust is easy though, and probably the lume also. So, I´m happy with my decision to keep the watch, although with a kinda sour taste in the mouth ... 



If you decided to live with it or rectified the issues yourself locally it's no longer an issue. jmo I can understand the sour taste in your mouth, been there also with another company.

Now I'm speaking in general if anybody has a problem with a watch manufacture please e-mail or PM them first, gave them the courtesy to resolve the situation 99% of the time they do.... I have had issues with some watches and they had been repair under warranty you never heard a word from me.

I had an issue a few years ago with one brand I PMed, and sent them e-mail also, I gave them the courtesy first, but the replies were pure BS, they thought it was funny it wasn't funny when I posted there reply on the net. The situation was resolve a few months later, and I used to own five of there watches it left a sour taste, I no longer own that brand and will not purchase another watch from them ever again
dance.gif


Wondering about something Johnny: Was you censored when you posted them BS reply on the net/forum?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon May 16th, 2011 07:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
Johnny P
Advisor


Joined: Thu Nov 3rd, 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 1784
Status: 
Offline
Hammerfjord wrote:
Johnny P wrote:
FnuSnu99 wrote:
Jupp, William told me to cut my losses right away and send it back to the AD, but like he said, I would loose quite a bit on that, since we have a nice 25% VAT here in Norway, and import tax on top of that, and then registered shipping via UPS to Asia. And also I actually still like the watch, and hope I can get the issues solved locally. If not, I guess I will just have to live with it as is. The dust is easy though, and probably the lume also. So, I´m happy with my decision to keep the watch, although with a kinda sour taste in the mouth ... 



If you decided to live with it or rectified the issues yourself locally it's no longer an issue. jmo I can understand the sour taste in your mouth, been there also with another company.

Now I'm speaking in general if anybody has a problem with a watch manufacture please e-mail or PM them first, gave them the courtesy to resolve the situation 99% of the time they do.... I have had issues with some watches and they had been repair under warranty you never heard a word from me.

I had an issue a few years ago with one brand I PMed, and sent them e-mail also, I gave them the courtesy first, but the replies were pure BS, they thought it was funny it wasn't funny when I posted there reply on the net. The situation was resolve a few months later, and I used to own five of there watches it left a sour taste, I no longer own that brand and will not purchase another watch from them ever again
dance.gif


Wondering about something Johnny: Was you censored when you posted them BS reply on the net/forum?


I was only censor at the brand forum, not at WUS dive forum or any other watch forum left open also. ThumbsUp02.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon May 16th, 2011 07:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
Hammerfjord
Moderator


Joined: Thu Apr 16th, 2009
Location: Arctic, Norway
Posts: 5809
Status: 
Offline
Johnny P wrote:
Hammerfjord wrote:
Johnny P wrote:
FnuSnu99 wrote:
Jupp, William told me to cut my losses right away and send it back to the AD, but like he said, I would loose quite a bit on that, since we have a nice 25% VAT here in Norway, and import tax on top of that, and then registered shipping via UPS to Asia. And also I actually still like the watch, and hope I can get the issues solved locally. If not, I guess I will just have to live with it as is. The dust is easy though, and probably the lume also. So, I´m happy with my decision to keep the watch, although with a kinda sour taste in the mouth ... 



If you decided to live with it or rectified the issues yourself locally it's no longer an issue. jmo I can understand the sour taste in your mouth, been there also with another company.

Now I'm speaking in general if anybody has a problem with a watch manufacture please e-mail or PM them first, gave them the courtesy to resolve the situation 99% of the time they do.... I have had issues with some watches and they had been repair under warranty you never heard a word from me.

I had an issue a few years ago with one brand I PMed, and sent them e-mail also, I gave them the courtesy first, but the replies were pure BS, they thought it was funny it wasn't funny when I posted there reply on the net. The situation was resolve a few months later, and I used to own five of there watches it left a sour taste, I no longer own that brand and will not purchase another watch from them ever again
dance.gif


Wondering about something Johnny: Was you censored when you posted them BS reply on the net/forum?


I was only censor at the brand forum, not at WUS dive forum or any other watch forum left open also. ThumbsUp02.gif


Yes, the brand-forums...The place where they are gods...no.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon May 16th, 2011 08:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
oagaspar
Site Founder


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2005
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 25912
Status: 
Offline
this may be harsh,but if a vendor won't make good on a watch bought from an AD then stay away...there is apparently no QC before or CS to follow....same goes for this 90 click bezel deal I'm hearing about...oops,it was supposed to be 120,but the factory made a mistake, I'll sell it for full price anyways!....WTF?....Wake Up WIS!...there I said it!
...now let all the HTFU, sissy ass, rubber bracelet wearing,gotta remind themselves daily they are men,ass monkeys, commence to pile on in the circle jerk room!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon May 16th, 2011 09:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
Hammerfjord
Moderator


Joined: Thu Apr 16th, 2009
Location: Arctic, Norway
Posts: 5809
Status: 
Offline
oagaspar wrote:
this may be harsh,but if a vendor won't make good on a watch bought from an AD then stay away...there is apparently no QC before or CS to follow....same goes for this 90 click bezel deal I'm hearing about...oops,it was supposed to be 120,but the factory made a mistake, I'll sell it for full price anyways!....WTF?....Wake Up WIS!.....there I said it!
...now let all the HTFU, sissy ass, rubber bracelet wearing,gotta remind themselves daily they are men,ass monkeys, commence to pile on in the circle jerk room!


No joke! Well said

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon May 16th, 2011 09:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
oagaspar
Site Founder


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2005
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 25912
Status: 
Offline
Will....the Sheriff of 3T!...tread lightly....or get the Hammer!dog smile.gif

Attachment: Thor-Viking-gods.jpg (Downloaded 78 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon May 16th, 2011 09:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
FnuSnu99
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Jan 20th, 2011
Location: Land Of The Norsemen
Posts: 720
Status: 
Offline
Hehe, hear hear!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon May 16th, 2011 09:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
Hammerfjord
Moderator


Joined: Thu Apr 16th, 2009
Location: Arctic, Norway
Posts: 5809
Status: 
Offline
oagaspar wrote:
Will....the Sheriff of 3T!...tread lightly....or get the Hammer!dog smile.gif

It's an honnor my friend! Been wearing Thor's hammer around my neck, days and night since the last 16 years...
Even my full right forearm's tatoo is fully dedicated to him.
THANKS!
thankyou.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue May 17th, 2011 03:43 am
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
joecb
3T WIS


Joined: Thu May 14th, 2009
Location: East Hampton, New York USA
Posts: 1360
Status: 
Offline
elemental wrote: Johnny P wrote: My solution would have been to send the watch back to the place of purchase for a full refund (problem solved) the first few days after receiving the POS. To many issues for a brand new watch straight out of the box for me to keep. JMOcrap.gif
this man speaks the truth

+1....My thoughts exactly...if it has issues new out of the box, who knows what other problems will show up later. Apparently when they cased it up, they failed to maintain a dust free clean lab. Who knows what crud could later gum up the movement...

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 07:37 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  Next Page Last Page    
TimeTechTalk.com > Time Tech Talk > Time Talk > Watch News and Reviews > Review on Prometheus Ocean Diver Chronograph Top



Lead Theme By: Di @ UltraBB
UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2012 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1856 seconds (17% database + 83% PHP). 40 queries executed.