TimeTechTalk.com Home

TimeTechTalk.com > Time Tech Talk > Time Talk > Watch News and Reviews > Review on Prometheus Ocean Diver Chronograph

Welcome to 3T! Please take the time to register and join in on the friendly,knowledgeable watch talk.Please note that not all registrations will receive an immediate activation e-mail.Those who do not receive an immediate notification will be activated manually within 48hrs. by an admin. without an e-mail activation url sent to you,you may then sign in using your username and password,if you feel there is a problem please e-mail us at timetechtalk@hotmail.com and include your name and username and we activate your account.Thank You!

 Moderated by: 3T Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Review on Prometheus Ocean Diver Chronograph  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed May 18th, 2011 08:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
FnuSnu99
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Jan 20th, 2011
Location: Land Of The Norsemen
Posts: 720
Status: 
Offline
Johnny P wrote: bigrustypig wrote:
Just my 2 cents.....granted Rolf could have first tried the PM route, the issue remains he DID NOT get the watch he paid for in full...he did not get the satisfaction from a brand he believed in that led him to part with hard earned money...and worse, the owner himself washed his hands of responsibility for a unit that went through QA/QC not 100% "ownable". Is this good for brand image?

The good thing is Carlos is reaching out and that sounds good.

Hope all's well that ends well. I feel for you, Rolf.



At this point it doesn't matter if Rolf contacted Carlos first or not only Rolf and Carlos knows. But I would say this if Rolf didn't gave Carlos the opportunity to handle this situation prior to posting his review he is wrong, he owe Carlos an apology jmo, like I said earlier only they know for sure. I'm glad Carlos is trying to work something out with Rolf.
Hi Johnny P,
As I have mentioned earlier in this thread, I in fact sent the PM to Carlos just after I made the infamous thread on WUS. And I take full responsibility for not having taken these issues up with Carlos via email or PM first. And for that I´m sorry. And I have also stated that to Carlos (but through a middle man on Carlos´request due to alleged language challenges) , and also in this thread. So when I made a comment about all involved parties probably have learned a thing or two after this mess, also included myself, that was in fact what I meant. But having said that, I really don´t think we would be anywhere different if I started with a PM/email. But again, hind sight being 20/20 I agree that I should have done it privately first, no problem there:0) And hopefully I won´t have this problem with future purchases, but if so ...a PM first is the way to go (before letting out the dogs)

crusty.gif

Last edited on Wed May 18th, 2011 08:22 pm by FnuSnu99

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed May 18th, 2011 08:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
Johnny P
Advisor


Joined: Thu Nov 3rd, 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 1784
Status: 
Offline
FnuSnu99 wrote:
Johnny P wrote: bigrustypig wrote:
Just my 2 cents.....granted Rolf could have first tried the PM route, the issue remains he DID NOT get the watch he paid for in full...he did not get the satisfaction from a brand he believed in that led him to part with hard earned money...and worse, the owner himself washed his hands of responsibility for a unit that went through QA/QC not 100% "ownable". Is this good for brand image?

The good thing is Carlos is reaching out and that sounds good.

Hope all's well that ends well. I feel for you, Rolf.



At this point it doesn't matter if Rolf contacted Carlos first or not only Rolf and Carlos knows. But I would say this if Rolf didn't gave Carlos the opportunity to handle this situation prior to posting his review he is wrong, he owe Carlos an apology jmo, like I said earlier only they know for sure. I'm glad Carlos is trying to work something out with Rolf.
Hi Johnny P,
As I have mentioned earlier in this thread, I in fact sent the PM to Carlos just after I made the infamous thread on WUS. And I take full responsibility for not having taken these issues up with Carlos via email or PM first. And for that I´m sorry. And I have also stated that to Carlos (but through a middle man on Carlos´request due to alleged language challenges) , and also in this thread. So when I made a comment about all involved parties probably have learned a thing or two after this mess, also included myself, that was in fact what I meant. But having said that, I really don´t think we would be anywhere different if I started with a PM/email. But again, hind sight being 20/20 I agree that I should have done it privately first, no problem there:0) And hopefully I won´t have this problem with future purchases, but if so ...a PM first is the way to go (before letting out the dogs)

crusty.gif


It take a big man to admit not contacting them on a public forum I respect you for that. Lesson learn but that doesn't excuse Prometheus watches for their lack of quality control either, and the BS you're going thru.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed May 18th, 2011 08:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
FnuSnu99
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Jan 20th, 2011
Location: Land Of The Norsemen
Posts: 720
Status: 
Offline
Johnny P wrote: FnuSnu99 wrote:
Johnny P wrote: bigrustypig wrote:
Just my 2 cents.....granted Rolf could have first tried the PM route, the issue remains he DID NOT get the watch he paid for in full...he did not get the satisfaction from a brand he believed in that led him to part with hard earned money...and worse, the owner himself washed his hands of responsibility for a unit that went through QA/QC not 100% "ownable". Is this good for brand image?

The good thing is Carlos is reaching out and that sounds good.

Hope all's well that ends well. I feel for you, Rolf.



At this point it doesn't matter if Rolf contacted Carlos first or not only Rolf and Carlos knows. But I would say this if Rolf didn't gave Carlos the opportunity to handle this situation prior to posting his review he is wrong, he owe Carlos an apology jmo, like I said earlier only they know for sure. I'm glad Carlos is trying to work something out with Rolf.
Hi Johnny P,
As I have mentioned earlier in this thread, I in fact sent the PM to Carlos just after I made the infamous thread on WUS. And I take full responsibility for not having taken these issues up with Carlos via email or PM first. And for that I´m sorry. And I have also stated that to Carlos (but through a middle man on Carlos´request due to alleged language challenges) , and also in this thread. So when I made a comment about all involved parties probably have learned a thing or two after this mess, also included myself, that was in fact what I meant. But having said that, I really don´t think we would be anywhere different if I started with a PM/email. But again, hind sight being 20/20 I agree that I should have done it privately first, no problem there:0) And hopefully I won´t have this problem with future purchases, but if so ...a PM first is the way to go (before letting out the dogs)

crusty.gif


It take a big man to admit not contacting them on a public forum I respect you for that. Lesson learn but that doesn't excuse Prometheus watches for their lack of quality control either, and the BS you're going thru.
thankyou.gif Johnny P, but I´m the first to take responsibility when I in fact see that I have done something I could have handled differently, so don´t have any problem with admitting to my mistake on this one:0) And hopefully we will have this mess sorted in the near future.
Rolf

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu May 19th, 2011 01:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
oagaspar
Site Founder


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2005
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 26051
Status: 
Online

The ODC cost Rolf $1300.,the question is,Did Rolf receive the watch described below?


Info taken from the company site:

The Swiss Made Prometheus Watch Company Ocean Diver Chronograph model is the result of a design competition at Watchuseek Watch Forum and was designed by Brian F. Green. It evolved with valuable inputs from many of the forum members allowing us to create this exclusive time piece for you with Swiss crafted engineering.

Continuing tradition of horlogerie brands such as Jaeger Le Coutre, IWC, Longines, that used super compressor cases in the 1960's we decided to continue the tradition and evolution with launch of our Ocean Diver collection.

It features a super compressor case, has a sapphire crystal in order to avoid scratches, it's water resistant to 300 meters and is powered by a Swiss automatic chronograph movement.

To guarantee precision, attention to details in construction we manufactured it in the best location, world famous known for its exclusive time pieces in the Swiss Jura Mountains.

With its engineering design look and appeal the Prometheus Ocean Diver Chronograph model is a pure man watch with a price and quality that make it one of the best watch buys. There are many on line watches available in market but very few with such an exclusive pedigree.


This is your chance to buy such a limited and exclusive watch where only 500 units have been made.



Watch specs in a glance:

• Diameter: 44.00 mm (measured from top ring)
• Length: 51.40 mm
• lug width 22 mm
• Swiss Automatic Chronograph movement
• C3 superluminova
• 2 years warranty
• sapphire crystal
• Swiss Made
• 300 meters water resistant
• Silicone strap
• Limited edition of 500 watches


Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu May 19th, 2011 01:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
Johnny P
Advisor


Joined: Thu Nov 3rd, 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 1784
Status: 
Offline
oagaspar wrote:

...Did Rolf receive the watch described below?





I don't think he did instead he got this.


Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu May 19th, 2011 12:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
54th Post
Newton
3T WIS


Joined: Sun Dec 13th, 2009
Location: Rochester, Minnesota USA
Posts: 162
Status: 
Offline
I have been watching this post that never ends from the beginning.  My thoughts were that Rolf and Carlos were determining the best way to handle the issue, so I would just wait and see how it came out.

Apparently, the way this works is to tie Carlos to a stake, go look for some matches, and figure out what happened later.

Its pretty obvious that something went wrong in QC with Rolfs watch.  But I don't see any ongoing posts concerning QC issues with Prometheus watches.  Maybe I am not looking in the right place.  Please enlighten me as to where all the QC complaints are being posted. 

CS issues?  Again, could this have been handled better by both Carlos and Rolf.  Yup.......no question.  But they are corresponding, so at best the situation is pending.  Yet all the posts I am reading have determined the outcome already.  How the hell does anybody know what Rolf and Carlos are talking about?  Or what options they are discussing?

No support for AD's?  I just purchased another Prometheus and after seeing Rolfs review last week, I called an AD and inquired about Prometheus providing service for AD sales.  He had no issues with Carlos and stated that Carlos always does the right thing when it came to CS.  So I have no clue where the NO AD SUPPORT thing came from. If Prometheus didn't support their AD's, why would an AD continue to sell their watches?  It would be an extremely poor business decision. Just doesn't make sense.

90 click bezel?  Really?  This is a big deal?  I found a post originated by Carlos on WUS from a month ago.  He stated the mistake on the website with the 120 click bezel typo, and offered that if anybody was not happy with there Jellyfish watch purchase he would give them a 100% refund.  THE BASTARD !!! What sort of evil plot is this?  A full refund for a typo.  He is obviously up to no good.

The nature of the bulk of these posts is grossly unfair to both Carlos, and to Rolf.  I have no vested interest in how this comes out either way.  If Carlos dumps all over Rolf, I will bring the matches to the BBQ.  However at this point, I see a watch with a problem, the customer dealing with the provider for service, and no outcome as of yet.

I too, was pretty pissed off when WUS closed Rolfs thread.  As I was debating another Prometheus purchase I was interested in the outcome of this situation.  Not the first time WUS has done that, and it certainly will not be the last.  The nature of the beast I guess.

I am just a small businessman.  And I see another small businessman with a CS problem that he is trying to resolve.  As of yet, to the best of my knowledge, both parties are working that out.

I will show both Rolf and Carlos the courtesy of letting them handle this, as they are apparently doing.  I will reserve my judgement for the final outcome.  Good or bad.

Seems like the right thing to do.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu May 19th, 2011 12:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
55th Post
FnuSnu99
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Jan 20th, 2011
Location: Land Of The Norsemen
Posts: 720
Status: 
Offline
As Carlos has offered to have me get the issues taken care of locally (at his expense), I`m currently trying to find a watchmaker here in Norway with enough capacity to fix it (Still no joy in that, as there apparently are not that many real watchmakers over here, that isn`t limited to only selling quartz and changing batteries ...) It looks like I`m living in watch-hillbilly-country right about now ...

But, as Carlos has agreed to have it fixed locally at his own expense (or if the price of fixing it here is to high, Norway in fact being the most expensive country in the world, he has also suggested that then he will consider giving me a new watch in return) things look like they have come to a solution. All I need now is a watchmaker and not a battery salesman ...

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu May 19th, 2011 03:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
56th Post
oagaspar
Site Founder


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2005
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 26051
Status: 
Online
1st off,Newton,I am happy you love your Prometheus watches,however,you are sounding more like a favorable mediator Carlos would have chosen to shine a positive light on Prometheus amidst the clouds.

...as far as the 90 click bezel,Carlos was clueless until a WIS who purchased 1 found out,(was he really clueless,or did he know and get caught?),only then, unlike this situation did he post he would offer refunds...it was supposed to be 120 clicks as advertised by his own admission,another case of poor QC imo.

...posted problems with Prometeus are not hard to find:
Just wondering if anyone has noticed spots on the dial of their jellyfish?

I just picked up a blue jellyfish new in the box , still had the plastic wrap on the bracelet. When I looked at it in the sunlight I noticed what looks like white opaque residue on the dial, almost like water spotting and a white spec of dust or something. Has anyone else heard of this ? The seller immediately offered a refund, but I still want a Jellyfish. I'm just wondering if this was a freek thing or if its common.Spots aside, the jellyfish is a great watch. I really like it and will be picking up another



"from what I remember, the inside AR were splotchy around the edges. Pics were there to show the problem. but unfortunately, thread was deleted because it was posted on the sponsored forum."

the 1st issue resolved immediately,and this WIS much like Rolf did not contact Carlos 1st either.Why is Rolfs situation any different?

The latter complaint tells it all,removed from the official forum.



...2nd.WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT REPLACING THE WATCH?..the watch should have been exchanged DAY 1,if it were,then this would have been a "great CS by Prometheus"
thread instead.I won't even call what has happened "poor QC/CS" ...it's just plain old lousy business.The ability to turn around a bad situation is Business 101,and in this case it was too simple.

....why is Rolf running around looking for a watchmaker in Norway to take care of issues with a watch he bought BRAND NEW?..is his time worth nothing?

....Exchange the freakin' watch already!,or do they all have the same issues?






Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu May 19th, 2011 04:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
57th Post
Newton
3T WIS


Joined: Sun Dec 13th, 2009
Location: Rochester, Minnesota USA
Posts: 162
Status: 
Offline
Oscar,

I am not shining any light on Prometheus.  I believe I said if Carlos doesn't take care of Rolf, I would be first in line with matches to do the honors at the Prometheus burning at the stake.

QC issues:  Obviously something is not right

CS issues:  Jury is out

My point being, per Rolfs posts, he is working toward a solution with Carlos. 

I just thought it might be logical to let it play out.

 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu May 19th, 2011 05:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
58th Post
Hammerfjord
Moderator


Joined: Thu Apr 16th, 2009
Location: Arctic, Norway
Posts: 5807
Status: 
Offline
Just to say: Rolf posted me all is mails exchanges with Carlos, the very first days. At the same time, I was reading the WUS comments and else.
After my opinion: Rolf been posting a not so hard review on WUS in fact, as I found it quite smooth even I knew he was pissed-off since the very moment he opened the box.
Rolf was not agressive or difficult in his private posts with Carlos and he said constantly that he wanted a smooth agreement.
I was personnaly very deceived by the first reponses of Carlos and was really expecting better propositions!
I will not go in details but in my opinion, Rolf didn't do anything wrong there.
I spoke to my watch-maker today and he told me after looking a very close picture of the watch:
The fact that it seems to be a mat and porous black paint on the dial isn't the best start for him to work as those paints are very sensitives to any touch and can't be cleaned if you miss a tiny bit.
Doing a free hand job on the dial to relume it, is risky specialy in the angles of the markers(seems like round markers are easyer...): You miss and the all dial is f'cked.
He named that putting special tape around the markers to avoid any over-flow of the new lume is also risky because of the sensitive mat black paint who could maybe reap-off when the tape is taken out.
All in all, dials are apparently machine-made and retaking the job by hand is not as easy on every dials: It depend of it's surface and paint quality.
It's apparently a cheap made dial after his meaning so...He wasn't very positive even he's willing to give a try.
That's what the guy told me: He may not be a gigantic expert on reluming but he been working on many different brands since over 25 years.
He want to make a precise job and don't want something who looks like redone: It's hard.
That's also why he asked me at once if it was possible to get another dial in case the first try don't look perfect.
That's where it stands and from what I understand, the best thing would have been a correctly made dial's lume application at the conception at the fabric...Nothing else.
All in all, guys, it's more easy to say than to do this reluming...

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu May 19th, 2011 06:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
59th Post
Paladin
3T WIS


Joined: Tue Mar 3rd, 2009
Location: Northeast, Florida USA
Posts: 2425
Status: 
Offline
Well... You have all convinced me! I guess I have another watch to throw in the trash even though I have had a years issue-free service.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu May 19th, 2011 06:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
60th Post
Hammerfjord
Moderator


Joined: Thu Apr 16th, 2009
Location: Arctic, Norway
Posts: 5807
Status: 
Offline
Paladin wrote:
Well... You have all convinced me! I guess I have another watch to throw in the trash even though I have had a years issue-free service.

Maybe your model is better made that this chrono model: I don't argue on that. Then you should just enjoy it!
ThumbsUp02.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 06:38 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Page Last Page    
TimeTechTalk.com > Time Tech Talk > Time Talk > Watch News and Reviews > Review on Prometheus Ocean Diver Chronograph Top



Lead Theme By: Di @ UltraBB
UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2012 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2024 seconds (23% database + 77% PHP). 38 queries executed.