TimeTechTalk.com Home

TimeTechTalk.com > Time Tech Talk > Time Talk > Watch News and Reviews > Tactico (from Crepas) 1000m diver

Welcome to 3T! Please take the time to register and join in on the friendly,knowledgeable watch talk.Please note that not all registrations will receive an immediate activation e-mail.Those who do not receive an immediate notification will be activated manually within 48hrs. by an admin. without an e-mail activation url sent to you,you may then sign in using your username and password,if you feel there is a problem please e-mail us at timetechtalk@hotmail.com and include your name and username and we activate your account.Thank You!

 Moderated by: 3T Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Tactico (from Crepas) 1000m diver  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Aug 22nd, 2011 05:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Hammerfjord
Moderator


Joined: Thu Apr 16th, 2009
Location: Arctic, Norway
Posts: 5807
Status: 
Offline
For those who remember Crepas, the spanish brand, here's coming the Tactico alternative and them 1000meters tactical watch.
Specs are looking good: 1000m WR, Top grade ETA 2824-2, double dome crystal sapphire...
The case is Asian: This is not a German case as it looks like. The parts except the movement are certainly so too.
We all know this case and now, after Laco using it for it's 1000m new model, it's the turn to Tactico...
Anyway, it´s selling for around 840$(at today's change) on them site and the very first Bay's auction gives you a point on what people was willing to pay for a first throw: 710$
I guess that this case is very popular due to Kobold and that many who can't afford one, are better off with a Tactico.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150648264295?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1416wt_1135

http://www.tacticowatches.com/crbst_3.html

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Aug 22nd, 2011 06:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
stew77
Admin


Joined: Thu Mar 26th, 2009
Location: Colorado USA
Posts: 8968
Status: 
Offline
I like it William (saw it a few weeks ago).

Agree with you...the specs look particularly good (I like seeing a top-grade movement under the hood), and it is not pretending to be something it is not.

Price point doesn't seem bad at all IMO, and we all know that good quality can come out of HK...IF, you do things right.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Aug 22nd, 2011 06:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Hammerfjord
Moderator


Joined: Thu Apr 16th, 2009
Location: Arctic, Norway
Posts: 5807
Status: 
Offline
Chris: For the record, I have no idea of where the watch is assembled.
Yes, good parts can come from HK. Thing is where the watch is assembled also, as HK isn't a reference in this domain after my meanings and experiences...

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Aug 22nd, 2011 09:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
FnuSnu99
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Jan 20th, 2011
Location: Land Of The Norsemen
Posts: 720
Status: 
Offline
I like it to William, and it absolutely has several things going for it. And at that price point with a TOP grad 2824, well ...not bad. But 1+ on the "where is it assembled ..." ´cause specs can be as good as it wants, but doesn´t help much if it is assembled badly (of course) Not saying it is, as I don´t know.
But William, maybe I´ve been sleeping in class here, but where did you see that it was a asian case?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Aug 22nd, 2011 10:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Hammerfjord
Moderator


Joined: Thu Apr 16th, 2009
Location: Arctic, Norway
Posts: 5807
Status: 
Offline
FnuSnu99 wrote:
I like it to William, and it absolutely has several things going for it. And at that price point with a TOP grad 2824, well ...not bad. But 1+ on the "where is it assembled ..." ´cause specs can be as good as it wants, but doesn´t help much if it is assembled badly (of course) Not saying it is, as I don´t know.
But William, maybe I´ve been sleeping in class here, but where did you see that it was a asian case?


How do I know it's an Asian case?
Well, I was told so: First hand by the maker Pablo Calvo.
He was fast to answer and very honest: It's a good thing.
Yes, the price is reasonable and the whole thing seems well made.
I like the fact that the seller is keeping to the fact that it's an Asian case when he present his price.
Of course, if the case would have been made in Germany, the watch would have sell at higher price but I guess that he wanted to keep under the 1000$ frontier and I think that many will appreciate that.
All in all, it seems like a good start for Tactico: To follow with the first reviews before we could say more!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Aug 22nd, 2011 11:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
FnuSnu99
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Jan 20th, 2011
Location: Land Of The Norsemen
Posts: 720
Status: 
Offline
Hehe, I wasn´t for a second thinking that you wearn´t right buddy:0) Only thought it might have been a tell tale sign I was missing or something like that. But +1 on kudos for being up front (the maker) on the origins of the case etc (as one should expect, but not all do ...) 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Aug 23rd, 2011 06:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
oagaspar
Site Founder


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2005
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 26052
Status: 
Online
I like the Crepas,Kobold regardless of being made entirely in China at the price point it is being offered for,but until I see the completed Dievas Focal,which may be similar in looks,but not size...Anders may release it on pre-order for under $1000. as in the past.The Focal w/6Steel and Made in Germany would be my 1st choice...the 6Steel is amazing,and the intro of the new integrated strap,should make for a nice combo imo.ThumbsUp02.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Aug 23rd, 2011 01:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
bigrustypig
3T WIS


Joined: Sat Apr 11th, 2009
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 7506
Status: 
Offline
Thanks for the link and education, William. Nice to know this brand. Will research on it some more. Oscar makes a very good point and the small price diff from the suspected Focal might swing to a clearer decision.ThumbsUp02.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Aug 23rd, 2011 04:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Hammerfjord
Moderator


Joined: Thu Apr 16th, 2009
Location: Arctic, Norway
Posts: 5807
Status: 
Offline
oagaspar wrote:
I like the Crepas,Kobold regardless of being made entirely in China at the price point it is being offered for,but until I see the completed Dievas Focal,which may be similar in looks,but not size...Anders may release it on pre-order for under $1000. as in the past.The Focal w/6Steel and Made in Germany would be my 1st choice...the 6Steel is amazing,and the intro of the new integrated strap,should make for a nice combo imo.ThumbsUp02.gif

I totally agree on that Oscar. If I like the Focal dial, it's in the boxThumbsUp02.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Aug 23rd, 2011 04:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Hammerfjord
Moderator


Joined: Thu Apr 16th, 2009
Location: Arctic, Norway
Posts: 5807
Status: 
Offline
bigrustypig wrote:
Thanks for the link and education, William. Nice to know this brand. Will research on it some more. Oscar makes a very good point and the small price diff from the suspected Focal might swing to a clearer decision.ThumbsUp02.gif
Personally amigo, I will not buy any of those Tactico even the Focal isn't my cup of tea. I already have the same case type fully made in Germany that I customised to my own taste with a 2824-2...ThumbsUp02.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Aug 23rd, 2011 04:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
stew77
Admin


Joined: Thu Mar 26th, 2009
Location: Colorado USA
Posts: 8968
Status: 
Offline
oagaspar wrote: I like the Crepas,Kobold regardless of being made entirely in China at the price point it is being offered for,but until I see the completed Dievas Focal,which may be similar in looks,but not size...Anders may release it on pre-order for under $1000. as in the past.The Focal w/6Steel and Made in Germany would be my 1st choice...the 6Steel is amazing,and the intro of the new integrated strap,should make for a nice combo imo.ThumbsUp02.gif


You nailed that one Oscar!!!

That is exactly what I have been thinking....I REALLY want to see what the new Dievas Focal is going to look like...and hope the full reveal comes soon!

 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Aug 29th, 2011 03:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
mellons
3T WIS
 

Joined: Tue Aug 16th, 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 259
Status: 
Offline
Hammerfjord wrote:
bigrustypig wrote:
Thanks for the link and education, William. Nice to know this brand. Will research on it some more. Oscar makes a very good point and the small price diff from the suspected Focal might swing to a clearer decision.ThumbsUp02.gif
Personally amigo, I will not buy any of those Tactico even the Focal isn't my cup of tea. I already have the same case type fully made in Germany that I customised to my own taste with a 2824-2...ThumbsUp02.gif


i like this- more info please!!!!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 12:41 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
TimeTechTalk.com > Time Tech Talk > Time Talk > Watch News and Reviews > Tactico (from Crepas) 1000m diver Top



Lead Theme By: Di @ UltraBB
UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2012 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2089 seconds (33% database + 67% PHP). 24 queries executed.