|Joined: ||Sun Feb 26th, 2006|
|Location: ||Oregon, USA|
|OK I've worn it for a week, got a few swirls on it, put some dirt on the nato strap, it must be time to show it off.
Borealis Estoril 300 Automatic Diver Watch with Miyota 9015 Specifications:
- Case Size: 41.50mm x 47.00 mm
- Screwed down crown with engraved B logo
- Double Domed Sapphire Crystal with A/R coating inside
- 120 clicks sapphire BGW9 lumed unidirectional bezel
- Made in Japan Citizen Miyota 9015 Automatic Movement
- Viton and Tefzel Gaskets (case back and glass)
- 316L Stainless Steel Case
- Lug Width: 20.00 mm
- Water Resistance: 300 meters
- Case height: 12.50mm
- Nato Strap
- Swiss Made BGW9 Superluminova applied to dial, watch hands and bezel
- Screwed Case Back with engraved mermaid
- 12 months warranty
I think this is the best SM300 homage I have seen from any micro to date. It wears well at almost 42mm, fit and finish and bezel alignment is perfect on my example. The caseback is well done with a simple mermaid etching that is reminiscent of 60's skin divers to complete the homage feel. The blue lume is average, not terribly bright but visible throughout the night. I have only taken it off to show it off.
The Miyota 9015 was running a bit shy of perfect and this is the first one I have received that needed a little adjustment but when adjusted it makes a nearly flat line across the screen of my timegrapher as clean as any overpriced chronometer grade timepiece I own and having half a dozen of the 9015 powered watches now I can say I would choose the Miyota 9015 over entry level Swiss movements from this point forward, they are superior in every way to the now 50+ year old eterna-matic designed 27xx/28xx automatics and their copies and I wouldn't waste money on entry level Swiss when there is something as good as the 9015.
I find the SM300 dial a bit too busy and if I had to choose again I might choose the non date model just to simplify it a bit more but I feel like I am missing out when it doesn't have the date... so maybe I just need one of each.